Are you registered to vote?
Eligible voters can also register to vote in person by going to:
- Bernalillo County Clerk’s Office Monday-Friday 8 a.m. and 5 p.m.
- Secretary of State’s Office
- Any County Clerk’s Office in New Mexico
- Through a Third Party Registrant Agent
- Motor Vehicle Department, Human Services Department, public libraries, colleges, universities, and at organized voter registration drives
- Online through the Secretary of State's website www.sos.state.nm.us.
When to re-register
Your registration is permanent unless you move or change your name.
If you have moved within the County, you must transfer your registration by re-registering. You may choose to write your new address on the back of your voter identification card and mail it to the by Bernalillo County Clerk’s Office, One Civic Plaza, NW, Room 6022, Albuquerque, NM 87102.
You must re-register with the local election authority or county clerk if you move to an address outside of the County.
Voters who legally change their name, but not their address, do not have to re-register. If you have changed your name, you can vote after updating your information at the polls.
Where do I vote?
On Election Day, you will cast your ballot in a polling place, usually in a public building near your home, that serves as a polling place.
You can also call the County Clerk's office for help by calling (505) 468-1291 and selecting the Voter Registration option, or go to the Bernalillo County Clerk website www.bernco.gov, or send an email to email@example.com.